- ABOUT IMC
- IoT LIBRARY
- RFP PROGRAMME
7-Eleven updates app for in-store and delivery
- August 14, 2023
- Steve Rogerson
Convenience store chain 7-Eleven has updated its iOS and Android app for a more seamless, integrated 7Rewards experience both in-store and via 7Now Delivery.
Following its launch in 2017, the 7Rewards loyalty programme via the 7-Eleven mobile app has steadily evolved to meet shopping needs. The latest version of the app has a series of upgrades that enhance the overall customer experience both in-store at 7-Eleven and via 7Now Delivery.
“The heart of our digital connection with the customer is through the 7-Eleven app,” said Yaqub Baiani, vice president at 7-Eleven. “It’s a key driver that allows us to give our customers the convenience they want anytime, anywhere. We’re focused on making our customers’ shopping experiences easier, quicker and more personalised, both in and out of our stores.”
Updated features in the app include:
- Simplified login and registration making it easier for on-the-go customers to access the app.
- Improved in-app shopping and delivery experience so customers can browse through a catalogue of items and make their selection with just a few taps.
- New discovery experience with quick access to fuel loyalty, carwash experiences and more.
- Onboarding and homepage improvements allow an intuitive user interface that makes navigation smooth and effortless.
- Centralised deals and rewards provide deals and discounts for loyalty members.
- Seamless user interface with design aesthetic and animations covering over 500 screens across the app end to end.
“It was paramount that we focused our efforts towards simplifying the core technical components of the customer experience in the app, including purchasing, payment and rewards,” said Ranga Mohan, vice president of engineering at 7-Eleven. “By improving these elements, we’ve allowed the customer to have even more of a frictionless checkout experience regardless of where they’re shopping with us, in-store or at home via 7Now Delivery.”
Based in Irving, Texas, 7-Eleven operates, franchises or licences for more than 13,000 stores in the USA and Canada. In addition to 7-Eleven stores, it operates and franchises Speedway, Stripes, Laredo Taco and Raise the Roost Chicken & Biscuits locations. Known for its brands such as Slurpee, Big Bite and Big Gulp, 7-Eleven has expanded into sandwiches, salads, side dishes, cut fruit and protein boxes, as well as pizza, chicken wings and mini beef tacos.