Global operators certify Telit mPCIe card
January 8, 2020
Telit’s LM960A18 PCI Express Mini Card (mPCIe) has been certified by the major global mobile network operators, including the largest operators in North America.
Launched in February 2018, the 4.5G data card is said to remain the only 1Gbit/s-class LTE mPCIe module in the industry and is now available to be deployed worldwide.
Supporting various frequency bands, the product delivers 5G-like high-speed data rates via Advanced LTE and offers a cellular connection for products in network appliance environments. The Gigabit LTE data card offers a seamless 5G evolution path to Telit's FN980m 5G sub-6 and mm-wave data card.
Said to be the industry's first in the mPCIe form factor to support category 18, it delivers flexibility and a competitive edge for OEMs looking to deploy products delivering carrier broadband-like user experience. It is also the first mobile broadband card to support the Citizens Broadband Radio System (CBRS), band 48.
This makes it suitable for OEMs that want to serve the emerging private LTE market with routers, gateways and other devices connecting to LTE access points, small cells and other CBRS infrastructure. As the first top-tier IoT and mobile broadband module vendor to join the CBRS Alliance, Telit says it is committed to help drive innovation and adoption of private LTE networks and 5G, giving enterprises options for site, campus and office wireless networking.
Features of the LM960A18 include:
- Standard Mini PCIe data-card form factor;
- LTE Cat 18: High-speed with data rates of up to 1.2Gbit/s download and 150Mbit/s upload
- Full GNSS support;
- Support of UL with 2xCA and up to 5xCA DL with 4x4 MIMO;
- Wide LTE frequency bands support;
- Up to four independent firmware images selectable at boot to support different network operator requirements;
- 3G fallback technology; and
- Support for FirstNet, CBRS, Licensed Assisted Access (LAA) and other new bands, all in a single SKU.