- ABOUT IMC
- IoT LIBRARY
- RFP PROGRAMME
Schneider combines home energy management
- January 9, 2023
- Steve Rogerson
Schneider Electric unveiled a home energy management system for homeowners at last week’s CES in Las Vegas.
The Schneider Home energy management system includes a home battery for clean energy storage, high-power solar inverter, smart electrical panel, electric vehicle charger and connected electric sockets and light switches, all controlled by an app.
The system intelligently orchestrates home energy by bringing together utility power, solar, back up battery and EV charging. It offers intelligence to homeowners, including the ability to monitor energy consumption by individual appliance, decide where to prioritise power during an outage to extend available back up power, and avoid expensive electrical service upgrades when purchasing an EV. Homeowners can also save by enrolling in utility programmes and qualify for tax incentives.
“There’s never been a greater need for transformation or a greater opportunity for positive impact and innovation is how we empower consumers on their path to net zero,” said Nadege Petit, executive vice president at Schneider Electric. “Homeowners are now able to produce their own energy and seamlessly switch between power sources to optimise cost. Schneider Home provides them the tools for a self-sufficient home, reducing their environmental impact, while saving them money on their energy bills.”
Schneider Home integrates energy resources and digital capabilities, including:
- Pulse: The heart of the electrified home. A smart electrical panel powered by embedded technology, functionality and intelligence to interconnect various energy sources within the home.
- Boost: The home battery for energy storage. Store solar energy during the day and use it during peak rates for utility bill savings and to keep home power flowing during an outage.
- Inverter: The high-power hybrid inverter for solar and storage. Converts solar energy output into usable AC electricity.
- Charge: The electric vehicle charger. Leverages onsite solar and storage to boost charge speed and reduce charging costs.
- Home: The single app to control it all. Monitor, control and automate whole home energy management through one application.
“Choice, control, convenience – these are the characteristics that consumers are looking for in every experience,” said Jaser Faruq, senior vice president at Schneider Electric. “What better or more meaningful place to deliver that than in their own homes? We took the opportunity to reimagine home energy placing the customer at the centre, then designing a full-featured, integrated system around their needs and paired with an intuitive app to simplify its operation. Now, with Schneider Home, homeowners can save time, save money and help with the climate challenge.”
Schneider Electric says it is the first company to bring together disparate home energy technologies into an integrated, open and streamlined system, all controlled by a single app with capabilities such as predefined and customisable energy saving settings. These include an away mode, to power off non-critical appliances when not needed, customise lighting scenes and set up the battery to increase savings.
Intelligent EV charging operates when rates are lowest or directly from solar.
The Schneider Home energy management system is modular in design and can be purchased as a full suite or incrementally as homeowners’ needs evolve.