- ABOUT IMC
- IoT LIBRARY
- RFP PROGRAMME
Signify rolls out smart lighting for homes
- September 3, 2020
- Steve Rogerson
Dutch firm Signify, formerly Philips Lighting, has introduced the latest multi-protocol Wiz smart lighting system.
The smart lights and accessories are said to be easy to set-up with Bluetooth and an existing wifi network.
“We are very excited to officially launch our wifi plus Bluetooth Wiz Connected portfolio in Europe and make our products widely available,” said Jean-Eudes Leroy, co-founder and business leader of Wiz Connected. “We are proud of our ecosystem that brings innovative lighting for your daily living and enables consumers to control their lights and accessories right out of the box, offering products as accessible and easy to use as normal lighting, but then smart and connected.”
The Wiz Connected portfolio includes lights and accessories that are easy to install and let consumers instantly experience the perks of smart lighting. They just screw in the Wiz light, download a mobile app and directly start to use the lights.
The latest products come with wifi and Bluetooth dual protocol chips, which make the pairing process easier and more reliable. Soon, Signify plans to roll out this feature to the full Wiz product range.
Via different modes, consumers can set the perfect light to study, create a cosy setting by mimicking a fireplace or candlelight, and automate and synchronise lights with daily activities or schedule lights to wake the users up smoothly or support their bedtime routine.
Householders can use Wiz to manage lights by using voice control with Amazon Alexa, Google Home or Siri shortcuts, without using the app. Another option is using the universal Wizmote, which enables consumers to control the lights and customise favourite modes for each room.
The Wiz motion sensor enables hands-free control and automatically switches lights on to a predefined setting as someone enters the room. It even works when the wifi connection is down, thanks to the same low energy RF protocol as on the Wizmote; simply walk by to trigger the lights to switch on.
The Wiz smart plug can turn any light into a smart light instantly, as it will then allow users to control it via the Wiz app or remote.
The Wiz app’s interface is said to be user-friendly and intuitive with a drag-and-drop system to organise and control lights and accessories. Pre-set scenes and routines can simplify daily living and help consumers find the perfect light setting for any moment of the day.
Circadian rhythm settings automatically choose the right type of light depending on the time of day – cool, energetic light with bright intensity for a productive morning, gradually shifting to a soft warm dimmed light for a relaxing evening.
The mobile app lets multiple users manage the lights with different permissions. Household members can easily share the access right of the home function with each other. Other members can download the app and enter the invitation code, without configuration. Guests can therefore also enjoy control of the lights once they are connected to the same wifi network.1
The launch of the Wiz ecosystem in Europe means the whole Wiz connected portfolio will now be widely available, including multiple new and updated Wiz products and accessories:
- Wifi plus Bluetooth bulbs and spots in colour and tuneable white, including what is claimed to be the most powerful connected bulb on the market with the 100W equivalent A67 (1600 lm) as well as the standard E27 bulb, GU10 spot, E14 candle and large round E27 bulb (G95). They all provide full colour to create ambiance, brighten up the home with cool white and create a cosy atmosphere with warm white.
- A wide variety of Wiz filament bulbs in amber and clear that combine looks with smart technology and add a vintage touch to the home.
- The portfolio also includes luminaires, for example the Hero table lamp, which comes with a simple design that appeals to a natural lifestyle, and the Quest with an adjustable head for creating indirect ambient light.
- Accessories include the existing Wizmote and the just introduced Wiz motion sensor.
- The smart plug allows users to control their existing lights or devices with the app, so they can enjoy scheduling, voice control and away-from-home access.