- ABOUT IMC
- IoT LIBRARY
- RFP PROGRAMME
MultiTech kit gets LoRaWan running on AWS
- December 22, 2020
- Steve Rogerson
Multi-Tech Systems has introduced an all-in-one kit that provides everything users need to get LoRaWan sensor applications up and running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The QuickStart kit is for use with AWS IoT Core for LoRaWan. AWS IoT Core is a managed cloud service that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices.
“Reducing the complexity of configuration was a priority, so we worked closely with AWS to make it happen,” said Stefan Lindvall, chief executive officer of Minnesota-based MultiTech. “The result of our close collaboration is a new QuickStart kit that is not only easy to deploy but capable of supporting hundreds of certified LoRaWan sensors and actuators to sustain the organisation’s IoT business case.”
QuickStart is designed to connect to AWS IoT Core for LoRaWan using Semtech’s BasicStation packet forwarding. BasicStation is Semtech’s latest gateway packet-forwarder based on WebSockets.
“MultiTech helps customers reduce the complexity and cost of LoRaWan deployments while allowing them to easily and securely on-board LoRaWan devices to Amazon Web Services,” said Michael MacKenzie, general manager at AWS. “This is a significant benefit for our customers working with LPWAN technologies and we’re delighted to have MultiTech’s offer qualified for AWS IoT Core for LoRaWan.”
- Conduit AP access point gateway with MultiTech MPower edge intelligence embedded software version 5.3
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to AWS IoT Core for LoRaWan
- All components required for connectivity from production-ready certified sensors to the Hello World application to reduce confusion and simplify deployment of an IoT business case
- Remotely configure and optimise the gateway through the MultiTech DeviceHQ IoT application store and device management platform
- Temperature and humidity sensor with battery
- 868 and 915MHz LoRaWan channel plans for Europe and North America
- Ethernet gateway with external antenna and AC power adaptor
“We see tremendous opportunities in utilising LoRaWan technology in the residential management industry, specifically for monitoring temperature control,” said Tray Johnson, Quext VP of innovation. “Currently we plan to manage thermostats for environmental controls access for our various properties. We are actively using MultiTech’s Conduit and AWS IoT Core for LoRaWan in our field trials.”
MultiTech designs, develops and manufactures components, devices and end-to-end services for the industrial and commercial IoT. Offerings include innovations in low power, wireless access and broadband, low-latency communication technologies, machine protocols, integrated sensors and mobile applications which enable monitoring and management of smart assets, durables and industrial consumables.