- ABOUT IMC
- IoT LIBRARY
- RFP PROGRAMME
Taoglas monitors genset health with real-time analytics
- March 29, 2021
- Steve Rogerson
Taoglas has launched an IoT-enabled electricity genset monitor so businesses can optimise their fleet of generators with real-time data and analytics anywhere, anytime.
The Irish firm’s Genset Insights can be installed in five minutes and includes the Edge IG10 industrial gateway combined with the Insights vendor agnostic platform that allows users to manage all their equipment remotely on one platform.
Genset Insights is an industrial-grade product targeted at genset rental companies, integrators and generator operators. It comes with an on-board analytics engine allowing companies to deploy machine learning and predictive analytics to monitor, manage and track the usage of their generator sets.
Using real-time data and insights, companies can save on operational costs and ensure compliance by monitoring location, running time, fuel levels, oil pressure, engine status and overall machine health. Benefits to businesses include:
- Management of mixed fleet of generators on one platform
- Enhanced security and surveillance, plus theft management
- Enterprise-level remote monitoring and management of generator fleet
- Improved asset use and optimisation of operational efficiencies
- Track performance remotely via automated alerts on equipment status
- Manage emission compliance and safety and adhere to mandatory regulations
- Condition-based monitoring to reduce costs and improve equipment reliability
- Eliminate costly manual maintenance with the ability to predict and manage equipment failures
- Extend the life of existing fleets of generators with real-time monitoring
Insights will also allow enterprises to integrate additional monitoring of accessories and other machinery in one platform including smart AI cameras with Edge Vision capabilities to detect unusual behaviour around the genset via machine vision AI in real time and send out alerts. The platform is also able to support asset-tracking tags for accessory monitoring.
“Taoglas Genset Insights is the only vendor agnostic solution that supports the majority of leading genset controllers,” said Peter Behan, vice president at Taoglas. “With a rapid five-minute install and easy retrofit in the field, Taoglas’ all-in-one, plug-and-play solution, can be deployed almost immediately and will allow integrators, genset rental companies and genset operators to monitor, manage and track the usage of their generator sets remotely, from anywhere in the world. Combined with Taoglas Insights, our cloud-based software platform provides users with a scalable end-to-end solution. Users have easy access to their fleets 24/7 and can monitor and control everything online via their desktop or smartphone.”
The turnkey Genset Insights can be white labelled for genset rental companies and enterprises.
Taoglas has developed a plug-and-play IoT offering to get up and running immediately:
- Vendor agnostic supporting most genset controllers
- Enterprise level management of genset fleet
- Onboard analytics engine to customise predictive insights
- Rapid install and easy to retrofit in the field with Bluetooth application
- Rechargeable battery for independent theft monitoring
- Purpose built end-to-end genset monitoring
- Pre-certified with active regional SIMs
- Built-in GNSS
- Optional Bluetooth fuel sensor
- Supported by a full IoT security stack, power and device management and data-as-a-service out of the box
Users can automatically track maintenance history of generators and locations, and track the performance of generators for quality improvement.
Taoglas is an enabler of digital transformation using IoT from initial strategy definition to design, build, deployment and managed services. It combines antenna and RF design with positioning, imaging, audio and artificial intelligence technologies for organisations solving critical problems using IoT.