- ABOUT IMC
- IoT LIBRARY
- RFP PROGRAMME
EZ launches IIoT Docker Platform
- February 3, 2021
- William Payne
Industrial control system specialist EZ VPN has launched IOhub, an open platform to control and manage data from industrial machines.
IOhub is a Docker-powered platform that allows system integrators and machine builders to deploy pre-configured applications without the need to write complex custom software or codes.
System integrators can develop custom and private applications using their preferred technologies, frameworks, and/or languages, while using existing Docker “Blocks,” both from EZ VPN/IO Industry platform and from other existing Docker containers, public or private.
EZ VPN says that the platform eliminates the need for boilerplate code, and applications can be deployed rapidly through a simple interface.
Custom applications can be built using existing containers available on Docker Hub or any other container registry.
A container can be configured on a remote installation or machine, providing a full-fledged system to collect data, with data stored on the cloud, on-site or even on the IOhub™ device.
Included modules include:
- Reading data from the field/machine, using the main industry protocols – OPC-UA, Modbus, Siemens, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, etc.
- Sending and receiving MQTT messages
- Storing data either on the device, on-premise or on the cloud
- Creating custom dashboards
- Setting alerts with automatic notifications.
- Integrating the machine to the ERP system
- Providing web access to the file system
- Monitoring machine status
- Transferring data to cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Running automatic backups